Changes announced for NZ Visa application process
There will be some new changes to the visa application process for New Zealand.
This has been confirmed by the Office of the NZ High Commission at Tapeu
- From 1 October 2019, you will not be allowed to travel to New Zealand if you do not have a visa or a NZ Electronic Authority or NZeTA.
- You must have a NZeTA to pass through Auckland International Airport as a transit passenger on the way to another country — if you are from a visa waiver or transit visa waiver country. Most Pacific countries are on the transit visa waiver list.
- You may also have to pay an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL). The IVL costs NZD $35 and is paid at the same time as the NZeTA.
- From 1 October 2019, if you are from a visa waiver country you must hold an NZeTA before you travel.
- An NZeTA request costs NZD $9 on our free app, or NZD $12 if completed online.
- Allow up to 72 hours for processing, but it could take as little as 10 minutes.
More information can be found on the NZ Immigration website.
Story by Esther Pavihi