There will be some new
changes to the visa application process for New Zealand.
This has been confirmed
by the Office of the NZ High Commission at Tapeu
- From 1 October 2019, you will
not be allowed to travel to New Zealand if you do not have a visa or a NZ
Electronic Authority or NZeTA.
- You must have a NZeTA to pass
through Auckland International Airport as a transit passenger on the way
to another country — if you are from a visa waiver or transit visa waiver
country. Most Pacific countries are on the transit visa waiver list.
- You may also have to pay an
International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL). The IVL costs
NZD $35 and is paid at the same time as the NZeTA.
- From 1 October 2019, if you are
from a visa waiver country you must hold an NZeTA before you travel.
- An NZeTA request costs NZD $9
on our free app, or NZD $12 if completed online.
- Allow up to 72 hours for processing, but it could take
as little as 10 minutes.
More information can be found on the NZ Immigration website.
Story by Esther Pavihi